Sunday, February 1, 2015

Liver Cleanse, Flush Gall Stones

This is not an easy cleanse but we do it once or twice a year.
A doctor recommended it to me bofore I would take any medication for fatty liver that could also be the reason for gall stones. I was offered pills but it turned out I didn't need them.

DO IT when you have 2 days to take it easy at home. The day of the Flush you will not eat and the day after it will take a few hours before you can distance yourself from the bathroom.

I needed 500 ml good quality olive oil, ( remember, you need to be able to swallow it so light virgin is best!)
some fresh lemon juiced, for the Flush itself.

I neede to prepare myself a week ahead.
Here is how:
For 1 week prior I drank almost 2 Liters of apple juice a day that is supposed to soften up the environment of the liver.

The day before I ate lighter non-fat food and drank laxative tea. There are other ways you can clear bowel contant, like drinking Epsom salt mixed in water. (1 tbs in 1 cup, ice cold for easier swallowing) Pico-Salax is an oral Purgative that you need to use with care.

On the day of the Flush I didn't have anything to eat and stopped drinking 2 hours before I started it.

I keep the olive oil in the fridge but I took it out a half an hour before I started the preparation because the oil gets more solid in the fridge.

Before 6 PM I got ready and squeezed some lemon.
So each drink would contain 1 tbs lemon and 4 tbs olive oil. I mix it right before I drink it and when I can bear no more the taste, I keep a little bit of honey to kill the aftertaste. (Only to taste, not more)

The schedule to drink this potion is every 15 minutes 8 times.
I started at 6 PM so it followed by one at 6:15, 6:30, 6:45, 7 PM, 7:15, 7:30, and 7:45.

Meantime I watched TV laying on my right side.

When I took the last one, I went to bed and tried to sleep on my right side. (Although I have no idea if I was successful throughout the night)

It started to flush out after I got up so I had a peaceful night.

YOU might want to start the habit of looking down to see what's in the toilet bowl to determine how it goes.

For the first couple of times I could see blackish small clutters and later on these became more greenish and were lighter until there was nothing else inside. As I said, it can take all morning to be in close proximity to the toilet.
The clutters are partly the cholesterol that would cretae gall stones.

DON'T FORGET to rehydrate! That is the most important thing. 
Start eating light food like fruit juice and then whole fruit. After that you can resume eating but keep it light to begin with.

UPKEEP is important.

I put Milk Thistle into my first glass of water in the morning.
I have Mint Leaves in our Lemon Drink.
I cook with Turmeric. (You can buy Turmeric in capsules as well)

FOOD that keep the liver healthy:
GARLIC
BEET and CARROT
CABBAGE (check out my Cabbage Soup)
WALNUTS (add them to my WHEATLESS BARs and to NUT MIX)
LEMON, LIME, GRAPEFRUIT ( my Lemon Drink)
LEAFY GREEN Vegetables ( Fresh Salad)
OLIVE OIL ( we use it for salad dressing)
AVOCADO ( I make my own guacamole and use it as salad topping)
APPLES ( an apple a day...)
WHEATLESS GRAINS like quinoa that is a wholesome food on its own


And DRINK GREEN TEA.

YOUR FOOD IS YOUR MEDICINE



Some more reading on it: Flush Gall Stones Naturally
                                          Dr. Clark's Liver Cleanse


No comments:

Post a Comment