Monday, January 26, 2015

Lemon Drink/ aka his Vodka




The best morning drink you can have is some kind of lemon mix. Lemon water itself is good all day but we took it a step further to help digestion, fight weight issues and get natural vitamin C right in the morning.


Keep in mind that My Trucker is away for 5 days a week so I have to prepare everything efficiently.


I buy a bag of lemons and after juicing them I freeze it in an ice cube tray.

I buy real ginger and after grating it I freeze it in an ice cube tray.


I buy fresh mint that will last a couple of weeks.

We always have cayenne pepper we can use because of its properties to help metabolism.


I mix 1 ice cube of ginger,

2 ice cubes per 2 cups of water,

a few mint leaves per bottle and a shake of cayenne pepper before I bottle it.


You might have guessed that I prepare the drink for 5 days he is away so 500 ml (2 cups) per day gives 2.5 Liters or 10 cups of water with 1 cube of ginger, 10 cubes of lemon, a few leaves of mint and a shake of cayenne pepper. After mixing it well, I fill his water bottles. I don't actually keep the mint leaves in so I prepare it the night before to let it sit.


You might have noticed there is no sweetener in it. That's why he calls it his Vodka.

Why do these simple ingredients flush your body of toxins?
  • Lemons 
Lemons are a great source of Vitamin C and Potassium. This is a virtually fat free food which punches a massive amount of flavor. Lemon aids in liver detox and alkalizes the body. Lemon juice is also a mild diuretic, so adding it to your water is going to help flush out those toxins. Dr Oz has had some great shows featuring this drink.
  • Cayenne Pepper 
Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin, which inhibits hunger and fat storage. Cayenne Pepper is also known for raising the body temperature and regulate blood sugar along with stimulates the circulatory system and aids digestion.
  • Ginger 
Helps in digestion and Excess Gas and bloating. Helps to sooth your stomach. Ginger also Detoxifies and Disinfects the body. There are so many benefits to adding these three pieces to your water.

  • Mint 
Among other things, mint helps Indigestion: Mint is a calming and soothing herb that has been used for thousands of years to aid with upset stomach or indigestion. Mint is thought to improve the flow of bile through the stomach, which helps to speed and ease digestion.


Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS): The use peppermint oil has been found to be an effective and safe treatment for those suffering from abdominal pain or discomfort associated with IBS.

No comments:

Post a Comment