The main challenge is not to use any oil or greasy stuff in soup. That doesn't taste good if it needs to be consumed cold. Otherwise this soup is almost as great cold or hot.
I use filtered water for everything that will be consumed by us.
We use the following but feel free to add whatever vegetables you might have at home.
1 red onion
1 bag of coleslaw mix (yes, short cut again)
Some carrots, broccoli and cauliflower,
a tomato,
a potato (cut up)
The followings have healthy properties:
leeks, green onion, bell pepper, celery, parsley.
You can use some of your favourite spices as well.
I let it simmer for a good hour when I add some soup base to it for taste.
When it cooled down, I put some into a container and I blend the rest. He likes the soup in a container for the first day but then the following days he drinks it from a bottle on the road. So after all is blended (I put in the onion and all) I put it in bottles (400 ml) and cool it further. I would have the left over for myself. Healthy and good for your waistline.
This is the Third millennium and most of the merchandise is still moved by trucks on land. Hundreds of thousands of truckers are on the road on any given day. They sit there, wait for loads, eat wherever from whatever. Their health is endangered but it doesn't have to be that way. By their huge numbers, they can drive change in our society. Help them do just that. Keep them healthy and happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment