Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Salad a Day

My Trucker has a nice mixed salad with some tuna or eggs every day.
What we need: 


1 bag of Romaine mix (short cuts here we go)
1 bag of coleslaw mix
1 small bag of carrot, cauliflower and broccoli mix
grape tomatoes
1 bunch of green onions
He eats his salad on a paper plate in his car, so our challenge is to prepare the salad upside down so when he transfers it onto his plate, it looks right.
I make 5 portions.
I lay some coleslaw on the bottom, put 4 grape tomatoes in, cut up the green onion and divide them between the salads, cut some broccoli, cauliflower and carrot rings.
I finish it up with the romaine mix on top of each.
He doesn't need any salad dressing because he uses the liquid in the tuna. At times he keeps some olive oil in the truck and uses a spoonful on the salad.
Yummy! And I am not kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment