Monday, June 4, 2012

Green drink

You need : 1 field cucumber
                  3 handful of spinach leaves (I buy them in a bag, cleaned, not the baby - that's too expensive)
                  1 green apple
                  1/2 orange
                  1 banana
                  1 lemon
                  1 stalk of celery
                  some parsley
                  a bit of ginger
                  I use honey to sweeten
You need a blender and small juice bottles 250-300 ml each

Clean all ingredients. Peel and chop field cucumber, green apple, orange and banana. Chop up celery.
I buy tube of ginger and parsley to be kept in the fridge or the freezer. So I only need a medium size squeeze from each.
I squeeze the lemon juice.
I put some spinach leaves and the chopped up ingredients into the blender. I add a cup of filtered water and the lemon juice with a good squeeze of honey, the ginger and the parsley. I top it up with spinach leaves and blend it all together.
I fill up the plastic juice bottles. I chill them for about 15 minutes in the freezer just because it needs to be cold to keep. After that I transfer the bottles to the fridge.
I know that the juice would be best fresh every day but what can a trucker do?

No comments:

Post a Comment