We like the following blend of fruit:
1 can of peach slices in light syrup (saving on the cutting up)
1 can of pear (I could only find halves so I quickly slices them)
1 small can of apricot (Also halves so slicing is good)
1 jar of red sour pitted cherries in light syrup (I get it from the international isle because it is from either
Hungary or Croatia - Go Hungarians!)
1 jar of apple sauce
When I use all the fruit and the syrup, I only need to add a cup or two filtered water.
I add 2 tablespoon of sugar or honey
a dash of cinnamon and ground cloves.
I bring it to boil and the meantime I mix 1 tablespoon of flour with 2 tablespoon of 1% sour cream for thickness.
I add a few tablespoon of liquid from the pot to nicely smooth the flour in.
After boiling I add the thickening mix and stir it in. When it boils again I remove the foam and turn off the heat.
After it cooled down in the pot I portion it out and and keep it in the fridge. It's great cold!
My boys love it too.
If you use the 796ml cans of peach, pear and apple sauce, it makes 9 portions of about 450 ml each.
He takes 5 for the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment